Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mother's Intuition


Mother's intuition is kind of weird. Amazing, yet weird. 

Chloe was pretty cranky yesterday evening. I knew she didn't have the best day at daycare - she didn't sleep well because of her cough and didn't like what they had for lunch so she barely ate - so I figured she was more than ready for bed. 

She seemed 'off' and a little warm when she woke up shortly after. She woke up because her cup had leaked and she was soaked, but I had a feeling something else was bothering her too. She ended up sleeping through the night after that. 

She seemed okay this morning until I wouldn't let her play with my keys. That meltdown lasted until I left daycare. 

She didn't want to stay at daycare at all. She cried, hugged, wanted to stay with me. It kind of breaks your heart. She hasn't done this since October/November. I didn't feel right about it. 

Lo and behold, the daycare called me just before 10:30am to tell me she had a slight fever, and asked if they should give her Tylenol, which I agreed to. They said they'd call back in a half hour if she needed to be picked up. It's been an hour, so I hope that means she's okay now. 

I'm hoping it's just teething. I'll have to try to inspect her mouth tonight. 

But I knew it! I knew all along something was 'off'. 

I'm planning on leaving work a little early today, just to have more time at home with both girls tonight. Our lives have been a little too hectic lately since Eric lost his car. 

1 comment:

Baby Sister said...

My mom always tells my sisters to listen to their gut feelings. It's crazy to see mother's intuition at work!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...