Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I have a toddler, not a baby - 16 months old.

This kid of mine? So full of personality lately. She waddles around babbling all day. 

We had such a good weekend together that I miss her already, and I've only been at work for four hours. 

Some stats?

Age: 16 months on January 25. 

Weight and Length: She might be around 20lbs now. That's all I know, and I don't even know it. 

Diapers: Size 3s still fit good, and size 4 overnight diapers. If we don't use overnights, she wakes up soaked. 

Clothes: 12-18 month jeans (Old Navy, mostly), 6-12 month tops, some a little bigger. 12-18 month pjs. Size 4 in shoes. Size 3 still fits, but toes are too close to the edge. 

Sleep: From 7-7 basically. At home on weekends she takes super long naps around lunch. Both naps this weekend were about 3 hours long. 



Likes: 

- Mommy's toys - cell phone, laptop, any kind of remote or gaming controller.
- Taking plastic containers out of the cupboards.
- Shoes. If the closet is left open, she always goes in and grabs a pair.
- Taking the dvds off the shelf and throwing them on the floor.
- Mr and Mrs Potato Head.
- Climbing on the coffee table and couch.


Dislikes: 

- Sippy cups, but only because she'd rather her bottle.
- Getting her clothes/diaper changed.
- Being in a shopping cart for too long.




New things: 
- She waves 'bye' a lot, but that's not new.
- She blows kisses!
- She mimics a lot more now - sticking out her tongue, taking a sip of water then making the 'ah' sound. 
- She knows where her socks and hat go on her body, and can almost put them on herself. She can get the hat on sometimes. 
- Likes to dance and wiggle a bit more. 
- Climbs everything that she can. 
- Whines when she sees her bottle and wants it. 
- Passing stuff to people and saying 'tata'. 
- She's a little rough. Will stand up for herself by hitting/biting. Sometimes she'll hit for no reason at all. 



She likes food lately. It's about time. Foods she seems to love these days:
- Blueberries
- Cereal with milk
- Pasta and tomato sauce
- Potatoes
- Apple sauce
- Raisins
- Shepherd's Pie
- Cheese

Food's she's not much of a fan of:
- Muffins or cookies that are made with oatmeal and aren't sugar-filled
- Pickles
- Cantaloupe
- Toast with peanut butter and jam




She's just so much fun. All full of words and laughs and trouble. I still think she looks funny walking, and I love just watching her. She's such a Mama's girl - always needs to know that I'm nearby. She'll play alone, as long as she knows I'm close. She's my favorite.

And just for fun,
20 Ways Toddlers are Like Drunk People
and
Having a Toddler is Like Living in Poltergeist

4 comments:

Baby Sister said...

What kid doesn't like toast with peanut butter and jam?? It's a good thing she's adorable. :)

Shannon said...

She's so cute and petite! Hunter has a lot of the same likes and dislikes.

Sean Marie said...

Man she's a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Don't they grow so fast??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...