Wednesday, December 19, 2012

4 Christmas Crafts I Wish I Would've Done This Year

This is my second Christmas with a child. Last year I had a baby who was under three months old. Life was busy. Now I have a 15 month old, plus boyfriend, plus a step-child, along with a full-time job. Surprisingly, life is less busy, but there still just isn't enough time for all the fun things I want to do. 

People everywhere are blogging about the fun crafts and keepsakes and gifts they're making, and I'm so jealous. I'd love to make something with a handprint or a fingerprint as a keepsake, and maybe I will, but right now there just doesn't seem to be enough time to pull it off. 

Here are a bunch of things other bloggers have been doing, that I absolutely love and want to try. If not this year, then hopefully next. 

1. Thumbprint ornament

[ via ]
You can barely tell they're fingerprints. That makes it cute, and incredibly special, without being overly obvious. If I knew I could pull off this exact ornament, I'd try it this year, but I think it would be a huge fail for me. Better start with something smaller. 

2. Thumbprint Card

[ via: Meet the Dubiens ]

I'm a huge fan of card making myself, so next year I'd love to make all my own cards to send out, and this one would be so easy.

3. Child-Friendly - Felt - Christmas Tree

[ via ]
A great idea to keep the kids away from the real tree. I'm not sure how well it would work with our young ones (15 months and 23 months), but I wish I would've remembered it sooner and tried it. I don't think I'd have the time to make one before Christmas now even if I wanted to. 

4. DIY Handprint Gift

[ via: Our Tiny Place ]
We're kind of cheap, so this would've been the perfect present for someone who a) loves our kids, and b) doesn't really need/want anything for Christmas anyway. Or I'd just make it for myself and display it every year. 

Am I missing any other good ideas for next year? Help a girl out.

For more awesome ideas, you can stalk me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Sean Marie said...

All such great ideas! Mama from OTP always has cute Christmas crafts, I even saw the felt tree on there. I really want to try that first project but I KNOW it will be a complete fail.

Baby Sister said...

Those are cute ideas!! I especially love the first one. I'm going to have to file that away for later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...